Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On 29/05/2016 20:50, Muggles wrote:
On 5/29/2016 12:55 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2016 11:31:13 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

Believe it or not, there are a bunch of people that just don't want the
government, you or anyone else what they can and cannot do.

When someone elses right or freedom harms me or someone else, that right
becomes limited. That's a logical response.

We are questioning whether you are actually harmed or simple offended.

It's a fact secondhand smoke harms people, and I'm one of them.

OTOH, it would be offensive if someone knew I got sick from secondhand
smoke and deliberately lit up and blew smoke in my face.

There's a difference.

Explain why there can't be a "smoker bar" or restaurant. If you are
offended or fear for your life, don't go near the place.

It seems restaurant owners don't want to cater to just smokers because
that eliminates a growing population of people who would not ever
become patrons of that business because of the health hazards there.

That's fine...if the owner wants to run a smoke free place, he should be -
and is - free to do so. However, when they pass laws FORCING him to do so,
they have stepped over the line.

The problem with smoking areas in public places is the smoke doesn't
STAY in the smoking areas.

OK fine but why can't I have a smoking restaurant that you do not need
to go into?

Right now there are places like that. I don't know for how long they'll
exist, though.

I have heard tea totallers say the smell of alcohol offends them too
(even to the point of sickness) but we just tell them to stay out of
bars.

That's the whole point. If you don't like something, then avoid it,
simple, everyone's happy.

--
Bod