Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Pellet Guns in Illinois

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message ...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message snip
But they were in a feeding frenzy. There are several other states --
in some cases, just particular counties -- that have banned
slingshots. And 18 states have outlawed them for hunting.

--
Ed Huntress

Actually, they're not outlawed in Illinois. As usual, Roger has his panties
in a bunch because he can't mail order them. .177s below 700fps are
considered toys and you get then at the toystore. Above 177 or above 700
fps you have to get from a gun dealer.

Paul K. Dickman

That was right but was changed in 2012.
I have found this information other places but Pyramid Air has a list
including slingshots and such.
http://www.pyramydair.com/shipping-restrictions

Illinois

Effective July 13, 2012: There is no velocity limit on airguns below .18
caliber, and airguns are no longer considered firearms by the state. Airguns
over .18 caliber must still have a velocity of less than 700 fps.
Aurora .Foregrips

Chicago .Airguns
..Airsoft guns
..Blank guns
..Blank gun ammo

Cook County .Foregrips

Niles .Slingshots
..Slingshot ammo
..Slingshot accessories

Washington .Slingshots
..Slingshot ammo
..Slingshot accessories

As far as ordering a gun online, I've ordered one less than a month ago, it
took one day to arrive in the store plus one day waiting period.
And they do sell 50 Caliber but are currently sold out
http://www.rkguns.com/bushmaster-50bmg-ba50-90102.html
I didn't buy a 50 cal though, out of my price range for now.

RogerN