Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Pellet Guns in Illinois

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 5:57:18 PM UTC-4, RogerN wrote:
wrote in message

snip
Thanks to Chicago Democrat legislation I can buy a 50 caliber semi-auto
firearm with over 10,000 ft-lbs energy but can't buy a 25 caliber air
rifle
with less than 50 ft. lb. energy. Even crazier, in Chicago you can't get
sling shots or slingshot ammo, are they going to ban rocks also? If they
find a forked stick and a rubber band will you re arrested for attempting
make an illegal weapon? Can't Chicago Democrats be trusted with a sling
shot?

Large modern places like Chicago don't want your crap over there, like
this:

That makes sense but keeping pellet guns out of the hands of people that can
buy more powerful firearms is just plain stupid. I can mail order an AR-15,
with 30 round magazines but can't order a bolt action pellet gun and have it
shipped to Illinois. I can go to Missouri, Kentucky, or Indiana and buy one
though. Illinois stupidity helps surrounding states, seriously, they tax so
high businesses and citizens leave.

Another stupidity of Illinois, I can get a concealed carry permit o carry a
gun but can't carry a switchblade knife. At least we have knives I can open
with one hand these days.

RogerN

Do you think that it's possible that the lawmakers would prefer to also ban the 30 round magazines and the AR 15 but were not able to get the legislation through? I doubt seriously that, if you scratch the surface, you'll find a vendetta against BB guns. This was probably a small part of a much bigger bill.