Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car CD player - anything I can clean besides the lens?

On Sun, 29 May 2016 08:53:43 -0700 (PDT), curls
wrote:

My car's CD player reports Check CD and ejects many CDs.

Does the CD player have a maker and model number?
Your photos kinda look like the player is part of the vehicle console
and not a seperate unit. Perhaps the vehicle maker and model might
help.

This might help:
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/cdfaq.htm

With CD lasers, I like to use my digital camera to "see" the IR output
of the laser. To determine if it's lacking in brightness, compare it
with what the digital camera can see from another CD player.

Most common problem I've seen on vehicle CD players is "smoke" on the
lenses and mirrors.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D