Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:36:57 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 5/29/2016 10:23 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:20:32 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 5/28/2016 8:23 PM, wrote:

To be clear, I don't smoke but I am also not offended when people do
and I know their smoke is not harming me. Simply smelling a whiff of
smoke is harmless,

"Inhalation of cigarette puff has an immediate effect on respiration by
increasing airway resistance and therefore reducing the amount of oxygen
absorbed into the body.

Notice the word "puff"? They aren't talking about a whiff of a cigarette
from 10 ft away.

Smoke never stays put at the origination point.

Well, there you go again, off into loony land. Folks, it's starting.
I'm sure that everyone else here knows that a "puff" means you have
the cigarette in your mouth and you are inhaling. Therefore the effects
of a "puff" are going to be very different than a whiff from 10 ft
away. It's like saying a whiff from a bus passing by is the same
as sucking on the exhaust, so the effects are the same.

Zealots? Hardly.

Your inability to distinguish between a puff and a whiff from 10 ft
away shows that you're one of them.