Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On 5/29/2016 10:37 AM, Bod wrote:
On 29/05/2016 16:31, Muggles wrote:
On 5/29/2016 10:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 29/05/2016 16:11, Muggles wrote:
On 5/29/2016 2:49 AM, Bod wrote:
On 29/05/2016 03:52, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 12:28:27 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 28/05/2016 18:20, Reggie wrote:
"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On 05/28/2016 11:31 AM, bob haller wrote:
A great start would be anywhere anyone complains about it

so all public places, townhouses, detached homes if the
stench is
detectable off site like a neighbors yard. smoking should be
illegal
around any child anyone under 21

On private property, if the owner or someone who lives there
objects to it
(assume that defendant children object, like with rape).

we asa nation really need to extqunish smoking completely.

Yes.

the fiancial and personal costs, are just way too high

I remember something about how someone who smoked for 40 years has
spent
enough money to buy a house (and the house isn't putting poison in
your
lungs).

what the hell business is that of yours?

Indeed, I prefer a free society.

That's an odd statement coming from a British subject living in a
country where one can be jailed for defending himself or insulting a
homosexual. What a country, glad I'm not there. ^_^

So you feel that you have the right to insult someone just because
they are Gay!?

Why do you want to limit Gay rights?

Eh!? I said the exact opposite. Gays should have equal rights.

You said, more or less, that Gays have some sort of right to never be
insulted. IF it is a right to never be insulted, then it should be the
right of EVERYONE to never be insulted, not just Gays.

Therefore, you either want to grant a special right to only Gays, or you
want to limit the rights of Gays to be equally insulted just like
everyone else?

Oi! I said "Why do you want to *limit* Gay rights?"

Since WHEN does anyone have a right to never be insulted, including Gays???

YOU said: "So you feel that you have the right to insult someone just
because they are Gay!?"

Technically, speech is free speech in the USA, and everyone has a right
to that free speech. There is NO right to never being insulted, yet,
you want to grant the right to Gay's to never be insulted. Why??

Would you grant that same right to me to never allow anyone to insult me
because I'm against secondhand smoke? Why don't you grant that right to
me .. to never allow anyone to insult me because I'm pro-healthy air?

*Everyone* should have the right to be criticised, but no one has the
right to *insult* someone for, say, just for being Gay or anyone else
for that matter. Decent people don't insult.

Why not?? People here insult someone at some point JUST because they
disagree? Are those people not decent people because they have words,
disagreements, etc??

--
Maggie