Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:08:45 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 5/29/2016 2:23 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2016 22:57:43 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

If that is true, and it sounds like bull**** to me, what is the effect
of the carbon monoxide from lawn mowers, smoke from BBQ grills and the
pollution from wood burning stoves? Should we ban all of them too?

It's not good to inhale carbon monoxide, or breathe in smoke from any
source. Our lungs weren't designed to inhale those things.

Wouldn't you agree we should use caution and good sense when it comes to
exposing ourselves to such things?

But we are singling out one of those sources for arrest and
prosecution while accepting all others.

The topic is smoking, so the OP singled out smoking as the topic.

There are people who get sick looking at gay people but that does not
mean it should be an illegal activity. This is just political
correctness run amok.

No, I disagree. It's a fact that secondhand smoke has caused health
problems for people for a long time. We're finally getting around to
logically responding to that issue.

The anti smoking crowd is telling smokers they
can't even have a bar dedicated to smokers, far from anyone who might
be offended by it. They say they need "equal access" to that bar so
they can be offended and close it down. Smokers seem to be the only
group of people who have no rights in this country.

Smoking isn't a right - it's a want, a bad habit.

Explain why there can't be a "smoker bar" or restaurant. If you are
offended or fear for your life, don't go near the place.

It seems restaurant owners don't want to cater to just smokers because
that eliminates a growing population of people who would not ever become
patrons of that business because of the health hazards there.

--
Maggie

Wrong again. The bar and restaurant owners had no choice in the matter.
The libs shoved it down their throats with BANS. That's how the vast
majority of bars became smoke free. Why can't we be left free to choose?