Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default ERoEI for Beginners - Greenies need to read this, including you Harry

On Saturday, 28 May 2016 16:30:07 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/05/2016 07:30, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 21:33:04 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/05/2016 07:31, harry wrote:

There's an important bit you are missing. The energy that is put
into the system once constructed

The whole point of the article was that you can't ignore that bit. If
when you include that construction cost you end up with a net energy
sink then the whole enterprise is worse than useless.

to be converted to (say
electricity) Eg solar power. Arrives for free.

But can't be collected "for free".

Can't be made dispatchable "for free"

No pollution cost in extracting it or converting it.

Only if you ignore the energy cost rolling it out in the first place.

No CO2 emitted.

Only if you ignore the energy cost rolling it out in the first place.

No transport costs.

Only if you ignore the energy cost rolling it out in the first place.

No clear up cost

For the fossil fuel mining ****-fer-brains'

Where do you think the energy comes from to manufacture your Chinese
panels then?

Where do you think you get the titanium dioxide, the boron, and
phosphorus from?

Where do you think the energy comes from to dispose of your panels, and
associated electronics then?

What you leave the place covered with dead solar panels?

for mining etc. No health costs

What about the disposal of toxic materials in the EOL equipment?

During operation ****-fer-brains.

So the general thrust of you argument seems to be if we ignore all the
inconvenient embedded energy and material costs, then they are a really
good idea?

I can see how that would appeal to the simple minded.

to workers involved. Will always be there and can't be taken from
us/cut off.

Unless the earth were to rotate on its axis... oh hang on a mo?

And it predictably doesn't stop rotating

So you mean they are predictably useless for at least half a day every day?

No maintence costs (apart from a light dusting).

And all worthless if the net energy generated is less than zero!

Brain dead as usual I see. See my other post.

Why would I even want to see your other post? You make it sound like it
might contain some useful information, or be a credible source of
information! Yet based on your track record of posting a constant stream
of unscientific drivel, half truths, and folk law, its seems fairly
likely its more of the same wank.

You really are brain dead aren't you?

http://sunlightsolar.com/studies-sho...-in-1-3-years/

http://www.heetma.org/2015/04/embodi...oltaic-panels/