Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Pellet Guns in Illinois

Crazy Illinois. They don't allow shipping of airguns greater than .18
caliber with muzzle velocity greater than 700 FPS. So if there were an
airgun in 177 caliber that shot 10,000 FPS, no restriction. But an airgun
in a larger caliber that shoots 701 fps, can't ship, even to a firearm
dealer. You can have your guns shipped to any state surrounding Illinois,
go and pick it up, that's fine. I heard you are supposed to have an FOID to
own the restricted airgun but haven't found that documented yet.

I put a 25 caliber PCP air rifle and a pump in my "shopping cart" at
walmart.com and an alert popped up that they can't ship the rifle or pump to
my local Wal-Mart. I can buy firearms at my local Wal-Mart, but not an air
rifle greater than 18 caliber and greater than 700 fps, or even the pump. I
selected a Wal-Mart about 60 miles away in Missouri, no problem, I could
have the airgun shipped to that location and pick it up, no problem.

Thanks to Chicago Democrat legislation I can buy a 50 caliber semi-auto
firearm with over 10,000 ft-lbs energy but can't buy a 25 caliber air rifle
with less than 50 ft. lb. energy. Even crazier, in Chicago you can't get
sling shots or slingshot ammo, are they going to ban rocks also? If they
find a forked stick and a rubber band will you re arrested for attempting to
make an illegal weapon? Can't Chicago Democrats be trusted with a sling
shot?

RogerN