Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default ERoEI for Beginners - Greenies need to read this, including youHarry

On 27/05/2016 14:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:

On 26/05/16 20:03, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/05/2016 08:53, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 00:32:00 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 08:20:01 UTC+1, harry wrote:

We need all form of renewable energy.

the only one that actually delivers real benefit afaik is solar
thermal.

Which is probably the rarest.

I have solar thermal. It does work in the summer, not so well in
winter even with vacuum tube panels. If you want to say £50 a
year at a cost of £5000 capital, be my guest.

It didn't cost £5000 and the RHI just about covers the cost. It also
means I get a tiny bit of harry's cash and yours, so that should pee
you both off.

You mean you're another FIT crook like harry?

No RHI.
Its a much smaller scale and only lasts for 7 years, just enough to pay
for the kit.
It doesn't need spinning backup either so that has saved you some cash.