Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Skyscraper inspiration

On Fri, 27 May 2016 07:00:04 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

On 5/27/2016 2:51 AM, Micky wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 19:27:08 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

A show on the Science Channel called How We Invented the World
showed skyscrapers. The inspiration for the design was a woman
placing a heavy book on a bird cage. William LeBaron Jenny is credited
with designing the first one. Article he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Le_Baron_Jenney

Very interesting. Thanks.

Otis, the elevator brake inventor, got his idea from
a buggy spring according to the show.
It's neat how unrelated things come together.

Indeed.

If you have Itunes, you can buy that 44 minutes episode and 3 others
for $3 each, or the google summary says, you can buy all 4, Season 1
for $12, but on the page itself it seems to be saying that's HD, which
I guess is even better.

I uninstalled Itunes because it was so big, I never used it, and they
were constantly sending updates just as big.

Is there anyway to play an Itunes selection without Itunes?

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-seaso...on/id583481664

From the Discovery channel you can buy How We Invented the World:
Planes, DVD. Covers the history of the invention and refinement of the
airplane $59.95 for 43 minutes. That's almost a dollar and a half a
minute!! Grade Level 9 - 12 But nothing is too good for our
children!

You can get it free from a Torrent.

I'm not very well acquainted with that but isn't it stealing?

Is it different from shoplifting?