H. R. Bob Hofmann

Default Wards Signature 2000 TV - no service support anywhere?

"Mike" wrote in message ...
I think its demanding too much current, or over time heat just killed it.

I had the same issues with my currently working NEC projection set, (yes the
picture tubes are shot, IMHO i think generics would work). I replaced and
resoldered the diodes, and it works great, so try that. They just die with
heat, but then again, your HOT could be bad.

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
Well, the only solution I could offer is to try to look for service

literature
for a Sharp TV set of the same year and type that is as close as possible

in
design. - Reinhart

It's a nine year old set, plug in the diode and see what happens. It
isn't worth anything to fix, except the satisfaction of fixing it,
unfortunately.
H. R. (Bob) Hofmann