Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2195 Ignoramus2195 is offline

Default Hydraulic motor question

On 2016-05-27, Ignoramus2195 wrote:
If you want a rotating table to stop precisely, it is called
indexing. Tell them to buy an indexing table, like by Camco or
whatever. They are designed to stop exactly where they are supposed to
stop and are adjustable with cams or whatnot. Some of them are
pneumatically operated. I sold a bunch of them in the past.

Compared to the cost of screwing around with electrics, hydraulics,
etc it is easier to spend a few grand on a proper solution.

Almost forgot

Shameless plug: I just bought two huge rotary drilling stations in
auction.

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auct...7-a601016081b7

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auct...d-a601016081b7

They are both rather big, and have a bunch of controls, a Bridgeport
head on each, one has a PanelView 550, etc.

The point is that there is a rotating table underneath each machine,
let me know if you may be interested.