Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Hawaii could be first to put gun owners in federal database

On 5/26/2016 12:58 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Diesel pretended :
SeaNymph
Thu, 26 May 2016 12:11:57 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:
Possibly, but that's life. I'm sick of the left trying to
convince people that law abiding gun owners are the problem. They
continue to ignore the criminal element and frankly, they're all
idiots, imo.

I don't know the difference between the left or right in the context
you're using. Politics is something I freely admit to having very
little knowledge of. What little knowledge of the subject I do have
boils down to this: It's people who lie for your vote and pass laws
I'm supposed to obey whether I personally like them or not.

The way I understand it is in the way the Constitution is interpreted.
On the left are the liberals who think the words should be interpreted
in the context of today's reality despite what the words actually are,
and on the right are the conservatives who think the words should be
interpreted in the context of the framer's actual words and what they
meant at the time of the framing.

You are spot on that both sides lie to the people to get their agenda to
win and laws to get passed despite what the people (who are supposed to
be in charge by way of congress) actually want.

Our system of collecting and counting votes has far too many degrees of
separation between the people's wishes and the eventual decision and now
liberals want to remove the safeguard the framers put in place to forbid
the power from being taken completely away from them. They're even using
PTSD as an excuse for disarming our combat veterans.

I want less government, not more. Seems the liberals want total control.