Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default conduit hickey question

On 05/26/2016 6:06 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 22:01:56 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Just out of curiosity, what can you get it for there? 10-ft 1/2" E-Z
Pull is $2.29/stick at Mead; Ace and a farm/home store were more like
$3+, didn't even bother to ask at the local Stannion distributor; they'd
probably be $5 or more given they won't give me a discount since don't
do enough work on regular basis to meet their monthly minimums...

Usually right at $2 give or take 10 cents. Even if you don't have an
account and pay cash at an electrical distrubutor it's under $2 a piece
even if you just get a few, and a nice place will even load them into your
vehicle while you drink their coffee and watch them fuss with the 3 part
dot matrix printer for a few minutes while trying to print a receipt.

The nearest home depot claims over 52,000 in stock and if you get 100 or
more the price drops to $1.89.

I pay $1.50 a stick at Hanks Electric, and $1.75 a stick at Home
Despot, So Cal.

Sometimes it would be advantageous to have a larger market nearby...the
nearest HD/Menards are 60+ mi and were, when I checked online, higher
than Mead and I don't _think_ that's the price direction in which could
make up for it with the mileage...