Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default ERoEI for Beginners - Greenies need to read this, including you Harry

In article , Dex writes
On 25/05/2016 23:31, bert wrote:
In article , Dex writes
On 25/05/16 08:32, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 08:20:01 UTC+1, harry wrote:

We need all form of renewable energy.

the only one that actually delivers real benefit afaik is solar
thermal.

No, even that do9esmn't.
The only renewable energy that anything like works is water up a hill -
hydroelectricity. Thats because a reservoirs ois a storage devicve.

Biomass works, becaus enio9mass is a storage decice.

energy that is generated by intermittent sources with no storage is
almost completely useless.

And we dont need 'renewable' energy. WE have ten thousand years of
fertile and fissionable materials at least,

They've put the price at £18billion just to build Hinkley Point. EDF
are demanding £92.50/MWh, nearly twice what we pay now, which will be
linked to inflation during the construction period, as well as money
from French taxpayers.

That is less than the latest contract for off-shore wind.

Which will cost £2.5 billion to build.

So why is it necessary to pay such a high price for the output?
EDF have already pored £2 billion of taxpayers money into Hinkley
Point.

They haven't even began to pour concrete into the construction yet
have already shelled out over £2billion of taxpayers money and their
Chief Financial Officer has resigned.

Current estimation for completion (power generation) are in 2023.

and we haven't even started
on fusion.

Billions have already been spent on it worldwide, no worthwhile
results yet.

EDF have got cold feet and are probably prying for Brexit as an excuse
to cop out. We should build to the latest proven design in the first
instance.

The only one with cold feet was the finance director, he quit.

So you think it will go ahead.
--
bert