Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Refill1 lb. propane bottles

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 12:20:36 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/26/2016 11:57 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
...snip...

I have a T-adapter and 2 long hoses so I can use my
portable propane grill and propane stove with a single
20 tank.

Whether I use that set-up or not depends on the camping
trip. 4+ nights typically gets the full kitchen set-up,
including 2 camping cabinets, plywood counter top, 20 lb
tank, both cooking appliances, etc.

Weekend trips are usually a lot simpler and that's when
the 1 lb tanks are used. Typically just the propane stove,
one pot meals and a cowboy coffee maker.

I used to use the 1 lb tanks for my propane lantern, but I've
upgraded to 12V LED strings looped through the frame of my
pop-up canopy. Much better light, cheaper, easier, etc.

...snip...

Did we hear back from the OP, why s/he wants to
refill 1 pound pro-bu-pane-tane bottles?

This video covers the costs, refill process options and just about
everything you could possibly want to know about refilling the 1lb
tanks.

His no-chill/pressure-release valve method is something I will try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1CmorB_qM