Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Hawaii could be first to put gun owners in federal database

on 5/26/2016, Diesel supposed :
Stormin Mormon
Thu, 26 May 2016 12:32:27 GMT in
alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On 5/26/2016 8:22 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
It happens that SeaNymph formulated :
And the real problems are just starting. I had a family member
take a child to the doctor. During the visit the family member
was asked if there were guns in the house. After confirming
that there were, the family member was asked if the ammo was
kept separately. Really?

How is that any of their business? I suppose they did that in
response to mental or emotional issues with the child, which in
this administration makes it their business. That's what happens
when the pro-gun camp insists that crazy people are the real
problem, not a proliferation of guns. You just can't win I guess.

I saw a web page a while back. Turns out that
pretty much all the school shooters were on
psych medicines, prescribed. So, it's very
possible the gun nuts are right (double entendre)
here.

Other item of note, the mass killings have all
been in gun free zones. So, the victims had no
way to shoot back. The loony left's answer?
make more gun free zones. Hello!

If you're a bad guy... wouldn't it make more sense to target a place
you can be reasonably certain doesn't have any realistic ability to
defend itself or it's people from you? You have gun(s), you're
reasonably certain they don't, because, it's a 'gun free zone'. Due
to the fact you're going to shoot people anyway, I suspect that
breaking the gun free zone law really isn't much concern to you at
this point.

We all know how this ends for the poor sobs stuck in the
building/outside nearby who have no realistic means in which to
defend themselves with.

If you take all the guns from the law abiding citizens, you'll
accomplish one thing and one thing only. Higher crime AND MORE
unnecessary deaths. Fact is, firing a gun isn't always necessary. The
mere fact it's there and you're staring down it's barrel is sometimes
all that's needed to get the message across to the would be car
jacker, thief, would be murdering *******, etc.

If you see people walking the street who have pistols visible on
them, you are more likely to **** with someone who isn't carrying.
The robbery, something else bad, you're planning might not go so well
for you if you try it on the person who's also carrying. They might
be deadly serious about NOT letting you just do your thing.

You have no way of knowing how quick they can get theirs out and
ready to rock, or, if they can take your weapon from you and shoot
you with your own gun. You do know they've got one too. Far better
odds to try whatever bad idea you have with someone who doesn't and
is around people who don't, either.

It's as stupid as attempting to hold up a police station, or,
military barracks. You'd have to be a ****ing suicidal idiot. You
know they're packing and they know how to use them!

I know several people who open carry what I call cowboy guns. They
carry these because, they don't actually have to get it out of the
holster to put lead in your happy ass. All they have to actually pull
off is swinging the holster towards you and pulling the trigger. It
has no slide/pressure build issue. IE: you just took a round from a
big gun, so it's not super important where it hit you. You're going
down with a life threatening wound.

And, what's worse, you just gave my friend the opportunity to
properly get his gun out and sighted on you, so it can be much more
accurate with the next round.

It always cracks me up to hear about some would be robber doing a
holdup in a bar which just happens to be where off-duty cops hang out.
Announcing an establishment as a 'gun free zone' is like painting a
target on the door.