Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Electricians advice needed

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 11:59:34 PM UTC-5, HerHusband wrote:
It is an attached garage (poorly wired) sharing a circuit with living,
and dining. I want to extent (6-6-6-8) about 35' and use a 4-breaker
box. Put existing receptacles on their own, and add a couple circuits
for power tools.

If you have extra slots in your main panel, you might want to compare the
costs of just running four individual circuits from the main panel. Four 12
gauge Romex cables would probably accomodate what you're needing.

I decided on separate wires from the main box (3 circuits + existing light circuit). One circuit for existing outlets...and two for power tools, using #12 NM. Thanks for all the info!