Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain tracks

Dave Liquorice wrote:

As for the track itself, I use the heavy duty plastic stuff
everywhere with the cam operated bracket to track clamps. Makes it so
much easier to fit/remove the track.

After only 25 years all the plastic cams go brittle (UV getting at
them?) and they snap off ... is nothing made to last these days :-P

Talking of brittle plastic, I noticed the B&Q extending plastic feet on
my kitchen cabinets have started going brittle/crumbly after about 9
years, nothing more volatile than Jif used on the floors. Annoying to
have to drag the cupboards out and replace them all, but surprisingly
buying a bulk pack of 40 Hafele legs from Screwfix works out cheaper
than buying el-cheapo ones from Toolstation.