Posted to alt.home.repair
David B[_3_] David B[_3_] is offline

Default Drop shelf on potting bench

On 25-May-16 3:54 PM, Muggles wrote:
I'm in the process of making a potting bench out of more scrap wood that
is similar to this one, http://tinyurl.com/h8m9k6h, only the potting
soil bin is on the left of the one I'm making.

We have some scrap 1x6's, 1x4's, & 1x2's, so I've made the frame mostly
from the 1x6's and 1x4's, so far. I plan on using the 1x2's for shelf
backs and decorative edges, but not sure yet, because I'm making it up
as I go along.

I'd like to put an extension of the counter top on the right side and
make it a drop shelf that lays down on the right side of the potting
bench and be able to prop up the drop shelf when I need more space. I'd
like to use the materials I have, now, so I don't really want to go
purchase any sort of bracket that'll do the job. I'd like to use the
1x4's for the shelf prop. I've got some hinges I can use to attach to
the shelf so it'll drop down.

Any suggestions as to how to put it together the best way? I've looked
at various ideas I can find online, but none of them actually show any
close-ups of how the drop down shelf props are attached.

Please read he Message-ID:

--
David B.