Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain tracks

On Wed, 25 May 2016 02:30:28 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

Swish products are commonly available.

I'd certainly go for a brand like Swish rather than a "brand" from a
DIY shed, the latter have a habit of changing what their "heavy duty
curtain track" is. So what you buy today will have changed by the
next time you want some more, or even just hooks. BTDTGTTS...

However I don't see a requirement to use the same type in every room.

Spares. Only need to carry one set of hooks, brackets, cord sets, etc
Can shuffle parts about if required.

As for the track itself, I use the heavy duty plastic stuff
everywhere with the cam operated bracket to track clamps. Makes it so
much easier to fit/remove the track. The only "problem" I've had with
plastic is a build up of dust causing stiff/juddery action. Squirt of
silicone based furniture polish on a bit of kitchen roll wiped along
removes the cack and reduces friction almost to zero. Works on ali as
well. Hooks that fit around the track, things that run in a slot
aren't easy to clean.

I also put a batten (20 x 35 mm ish) on the wall and fix the wall
brackets to that rather than trying to drill quite a number of holes
in the wall at exactly the right places.

--
Cheers
Dave.