Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Curtain tracks

On 25/05/2016 02:30, Michael Chare wrote:
Swish products are commonly available. However I don't see a
requirement to use the same type in every room. I would think it
unlikely that you would want to move curtains from one room to another.

You can sometimes buy standard length curtains at a lower price than
made to measure. The exact height of the rail then becomes more
important if the curtains are to reach to the floor.

I know I don't have to use the same make - but given the choice, I would
prefer to have one packet of spare gliders and another of spare hooks,
rather than several. :-)

Also, if one make seems "best" overall, I can't see any point in
switching to the second-best...

Curtain length isn't much of an issue as partner is an excellent curtain
maker. Bought ones only exist here because sometimes they have been
cheaper than even the material. (There, that gets real DIY into this
thread.)

--
Rod