Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default JVC HR-S9600U VHS VCR won't play/wind

Mark Zacharias wrote:

Agree. A bad reel belt (run from the capstan motor) is the most likely.

I really don't want to throw a monkey wrench in, especially since I'm not
sure, but wasn't the HR-S9600U the flagship model here in north america?

Didn't it use direct drive for everything?

I had some goofy model brought over from japan that seemed to be the same
unit (or similar to the HRS10000U) with the addition of a built in satellite
receiver (worthless in the u.s.) but I'm sure it didn't use a single rubber
belt in it.

Maybe confusing it with a Toshiba or NEC I used to have but something is
bugging me that it was the JVC that did that on the upper end "editing
decks". A motor for everything, no belts.

-bruce