Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default log harvesting from lake bottoms

On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:19:30 -0400, krw wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 19:32:00 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:38:57 -0400, krw wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:46:38 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/23/2016 12:10 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 8:54 AM, Sonny wrote:

One rumor for years has been that one of the secrets to the sound of a
Stradivarius violin, and other Cremona instruments of the period, is
that the wood was submerged for months, if not years, due to the water
transport and ponding of logs during that time.

Although a spectroscopy study done a few years ago did not prove that
was the case, it also did not disprove it, and some of the chemicals
found, that are not found in wood, during analysis of the wood could
have been done by "aqueous" treatments.

I attribute it to hyperbolec acid, the main ingredient in many rare,
overpriced, works of art....

More recently used by Monster Inc. and others to make "audiophool
grade" video cables, power cables, and such.

Actually Monster Inc. cable and such did have a measurable difference.
Not an audible difference though!

Power cables? HDMI cables? If it's not audible (or visible), there
is no difference.

They were very careful and had "lab reports" for the speaker cables
when they first brought them out, now .01db is measurable but not
audible. Does not matter really I have used at least 16 ga lamp cord
for my speakers, but I worked at Shure as tech in manufacturing and
R&D. So the mumbo jumbo of either Monster or Bose never matter much
cause I knew enough.