Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement Rake Handle

On Sun, 22 May 2016 14:08:34 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

I had one of those three-clawed garden diggers for years but the handle snapped recently. I bought a replacement rake handle but the hole in the new handle is 7/16" while the diameter of the claw tool tang is only 5/16". I'm considering two options to fix the tool in the handle. I could mix up some epoxy, pour it into the handle hole, then insert the tool and let it set up overnight. The other option is to put some wood slivers into the hole and pound the tool into the handle, counting on the tension of the compressed slivers to hold it in place.

Any other thoughts on the best way to do this?

Paul

Get a pocket knife like my grandfather gave me. You can whittle wood
and whistle while you work. Trim the handle down for what you need.