Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Freddie Gray Arresting Officer Edward Nero Found Not Guilty On All Charges

On Mon, 23 May 2016 11:02:27 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I can't recall details. There was a court ruling (?), that an officer
couldn't invoke his 5th Amendment protection and would have to testify
about another officer - potentially "incriminating" himself.

The world has gone mad.

We'll see how the rest of the cops make out. From what I've seen,
there is plenty of reasonable doubt as to how Grey actually received
his injury. The guy who was put in with him, giving police a statement
where he said it sounded to him like Grey was deliberately slamming
himself around, would likely be enough reasonable doubt for me.

I think the rest of the pending cases will fall by the wayside. The DA
could appeal and spend more wasted money. **** wit Libs
--

The DA ca't appeal, it's over, double jeopardy. The feds could try to
bring charges, but they won't for this arresting officer at least, that's

"Appeal" was a poor word. If new evidence is discovered, the DA could
bring other charges for other offences and it wouldn't be double
jeopardy based on new and revealing evidence. I won't happen.

And I agree on the cop being required to testify against the other cop.
I never heard such a thing, where you're involved, charged and you can't
plead the fifth? If I were the cop, I would have taken that to the SC
for a ruling. Apparently the fifth only applies for skunks like Lois Lerner
and Clinton's employee Pagliano.

I waived my 5th once. Inspector General - two guys playing good cop
bad cop. Oren spanked 'em both. Two hours later they told me to
enjoy my oncoming retirement

It was a HOOT.