Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 08:31:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 20 May 2016 08:34:43 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 19/05/2016 05:31, Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The bulk of the heat loss has nothing to do with the
element sizes, it is due to the kettle boiling the water
for longer than necessary after the water starts boiling.

Civilised countries have kettles that switch off on boiling.

But how quickly they do that clearly does affect their efficiency,
****wit.

And if you make it react very quickly, you increase the sensitivity and
make it liable to false tripping.

Turns out you dont get false tripping.

I do on mine.
Because the thing that switches is a mechanical thing based on teh
bi-metalic
strip this sometimes discoinnects before teh kettle has actaully boiled..

Then you need to replace it.

No , I don't I just switch it back on again, no big deal at the moment.