Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Recommendations for laser measurer requested

On Mon, 23 May 2016 07:41:39 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 22/05/16 22:14, newshound wrote:

Oh dear, now I shall have to get one.

What's the current thinking on laser *levels*? I have an ancient cheap
one, but the mechanics is beginning to go.

Stanley do some nice ones at modest prices - with crosshair lines, self
levelling and lockable.

I finally decided to buy the "Excelvan Newest Handheld Laser Distance
Meter with Bubble Level Rangefinder" for £23.99 inc. free delivery
from Amazon.

I tried to pretend to myself that an expensive product would last
forever, but then I had to admit (to myself) that I won't be using
such a tool more than a few times in total, i.e. garden shed perhaps.
Carpets or other flooring. So I ~almost~ forked out 80-odd quid for
the Leica D2, but sanity prevailed.

And if this Excelvan thingy does break in a short time, no biggie at
£24.

MM