Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement Rake Handle

Pavel314 wrote:
I had one of those three-clawed garden diggers for years but the
handle snapped recently. I bought a replacement rake handle but the
hole in the new handle is 7/16" while the diameter of the claw tool
tang is only 5/16". I'm considering two options to fix the tool in
the handle. I could mix up some epoxy, pour it into the handle hole,
then insert the tool and let it set up overnight. The other option is
to put some wood slivers into the hole and pound the tool into the
handle, counting on the tension of the compressed slivers to hold it
in place.

Any other thoughts on the best way to do this?

Paul

JB weld , and notch the tang to give it a tooth . You might want to wedge a
sliver or two to hold it centered up in the hole .

--
Snag