Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Peripheral vision in cats and humans

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Sun, 22 May 2016 01:32:57 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 May 2016 07:26:42 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Fri, 20 May 2016 07:55:30 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Wed, 18 May 2016 06:28:40 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Tue, 17 May 2016 21:52:38 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 17/05/2016 11:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Mon, 16 May 2016 03:52:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Sat, 14 May 2016 04:51:14 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Fri, 13 May 2016 07:04:50 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

I see them fine without looking in the one direction for
ages.

You have to look that way for around half a cycle.

No you don't, that flashing registers even when you aren't
looking at that light directly,

Peripheral vision isn't that accurate.

Doesn't need to be accurate to register if it is flashing or
not.

and half a cycle isn't anything
even remotely like 'for ages' anyway with indicators.

Half a second.

Shorter than that.

Depends on the car.

There are **** all that flash at once a second.

The legal requirement is for a flash rate is that it is between
once
and
twice per second. Many are very close to once per second.

Why can't we have more precise laws for car design?

We can, but there wasn't any point when that particular law
was first done like that and that avoiding having to modify
all the cars on the roads that don't comply with your stupidity.

Twice a second exactly for indicators.

No point in exactly.

Headlight brightness that isn't a factor of 3 different between
models
of
car.

Even sillier.

Indicators which are as large and bright as neighbouring lights
(eg
brakes).

Mad with the as large.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1226103

Just because some fool demands something...

It makes sense,

Like hell it does on the as large.

Bigger things are easier to see.

Yeah, that's why the EU is mandating that
the entire back of the car is lights now.

They seem to be making bigger and bigger brake lights,

And more of them too with a brake light in
the middle above the back window with some.

All, for the last 20 years.

Nope, plenty dont.

but the indicators are getting smaller.

I don't believe that and I have been looking more closely
at them when out driving since we started discussing this.

http://thumbsnap.com/i/T6O6Teaj.png?0522

Just because one is smaller says nothing about all of them.

and I don't se any sensible retorts from you.

That's because you have wanked yourself completely blind, boy.

Or because you don't bother making constructive replies.

We all swooned at yours.

Nobody reads conversations involving you.

How odd that so many reply to them.

Not many,

Hell of a lot more than bother with your ****.