Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Relief when Brexit is finished

In article , Timothy Murphy
writes
Tim Streater wrote:

In fact I am quite sure that if the UK did leave the EU
the UK government would enter into an agreement
identical to that of Norway and Switzerland.
It would be insanity not to.

It would be insanity to do so.

Are the Norwegians and Swiss insane?

It is always best to assume that people will do what they say they will
do.

Correct. And with BREXIT I at least am saying that we would *not* enter
into a mutual "free access" model of the type you describe.

Since you are unlikely to be Prime Minister you will be unable
to "do what you say" in this instance.

I notice that your leader, Boris Johnson, who probably would be PM,
does not make these rash promises to turn everything upside down.
I am sure he would make a deal with the EU that would more or less
leave everything as it is.

On what basis are you "sure"?
I am equally sure that all Camerons so called deals will be discarded
once the vote is out of the way if it goes in favour of staying in.
--
bert