Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default conduit hickey question

On Sat, 21 May 2016 13:10:43 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

That looks nice. We had large buss bars across the ceiling area.
One carried 50 cycle and the rest 60. Had large handle boxes that
plugged into the buss with internal breakers. A drop box. When the
machines needed power we used 6" pipe to bring it to the second floor
and then into a service box. It was a 5 wire 3 phase 440v service.

Martin

On 5/21/2016 2:52 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2016 13:08:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 19 May 2016 10:36:13 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 05/19/2016 9:22 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
On 05/18/2016 3:06 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

So you probably know about overhead service drop cord, then?

Yeah, sorta' at least but don't get the connection (so to speak
)???

Conduit on the ceiling, drops to the machines.

Well, yeah, that I got; just couldn't see that it had any bearing on
previous comment...it's what I've done for stationary machines in middle
of shop floor but at least I've never seen in an industrial plant
application although I'm sure there must be places where is...
The factory I will be in half an hour from now has ALL equipment
powered witth cable drops from the ceiling including about 35
computers and over a dozen lacer printers, as well as presses, sewing
machines, skivers etc.

Some places use only conduit. I prefer conduit AND raceway if I have a
lot of wire to hang

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m...127_165348.jpg

Gunner

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...iesCostaMesaCa