Posted to alt.home.repair
westom westom is offline
Senior Member

Default Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 3:18:16 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I worked as an electrician out in The Marshall Islands for a construction company building the mission control center for The SDI test program, we drove ground rods 10 feet apart around the building, bonded them together and to a ground grid under the raised computer floor where there were ground rods driven through holes in the slab under the raised flooring. It was what The Army Corps of Engineers wanted. It was a giant ground plane/grid that all the electronics including the Cray supercomputer and peripherals were grounded to.

Then you installed what we told you to do so that protection even exceeded what all homeowners need and should do. You create a single point earth ground. Protection is defined by the quality of what absorbs energy - earthing. How energy gets into earth defines why energy is not inside causing damage.