Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Inside Electric Mountain: Britain's biggest rechargeable battery

On 5/19/2016 10:28 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/05/16 21:13, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Chris Hogg
escribió:

I'll leave
it to AnthonyL to work out how much of Wales that would cover!

I think the term would be "a metric ****load".

I did work out that if Loch Ness could be raised 500 feet, and filled
with water, it would supply Britain for the whole winter, and you could
use solar panels to recharge it in summer.

Of course 10 nuclear power stations would be a lot cheaper. And far less
dangerous.

That scheme does have the advantage of being hundreds of miles away from
most of us, though!

(Not that I worried about working 100 yards away from an operating NPS
for best part of 20 years).