Posted to alt.home.repair
bud-- bud-- is offline

Default Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?

On 5/20/2016 10:48 AM, westom wrote:

Solution does not use products with obscene profit margins from APC, Belkin, Tripplite, Panamax, Monster or Bud.

I have nothing to do with surge protection other than what I use.
If westom had valid technical arguments he wouldn't have to lie.

An effective system would feature protectors from other companies with integrity such as Intermatic, Square D, Ditek, Siemens, Polyphaser (an industry benchmark), Syscom, Leviton, ABB, Delta, Erico, General Electric, and Cutler-Hammer.

At least half of these "companies with integrity" make and sell plug-in
protectors.

SquareD does not, and makes service panel protectors. Last time I looked
SquareD said for their "best" service panel protector "electronic
equipment may need additional protection by installing plug-in
[protectors] at the point of use."
For the next best protector, SquareD said the connected equipment
warranty $ does not include "electronic devices such as: microwave
ovens, audio and stereo components, video equipment, televisions, and
computers."