Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Rump is a dingdong.

On Fri, 20 May 2016 14:18:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 3:17:49 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2016 11:00:33 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I've been telling my friends in RL that that Rump says he'll name one
of these people means nothing. He just wants votes. He made promises
before getting the contract for the old post office on Pennsylvania
Avenue and he broke those.

Well, I do give Trump credit for putting out the list. He could try
to do what he wants anyway. But with it in black and white, with the
GOP controlling the Senate, it would be extremely difficult for him to
go off and nominate some lib or moderate instead. And impossible for
him to get it approved. And to try to pull it would create enormous

I woudln't asssume either of these, difficult or impossiblet. LBJ of
course knew well most of the senators he was dealing with, and a few
of the Reps, but he also knew how to make deals to get what he wanted
passed. Rump would at least try to do the same thing. He might just
bribe some with money.

Unless the GOP loses the Senate, I can't imagine how Trump could
appoint a lib judge and ever get it passed. The main thing here is
what would the point be? There is no point. Either Trump really
wants to put a conservative on the court or he doesn't really much
care. In the latter case, what exactly would the point be to ****
off all the GOP and all his Trump followers by appointing other
than a conservative judge? Trump doesn't gain anything, but he
loses a lot.

And why are you exclusively focused on Trump, whether Trump would
honor his list, when Hillary has even worse defects and you ignore
them. Like Bill taking $500K for a speech, the foundation getting
$135 mil in pledges, collecting $35 mil so far, from the folks who
needed state dept approval to sell 20% of the uranium assets in the
US to the Russians? They got the money, the state dept approved the
deal. What would happen if your local town mayor pulled that on a
$100K paving contract? THAT is the worst example of public corruption
I have ever seen and it's just one example of what Hillary has been
up to. She clearly violated the constitution prohibition on taking
money from a foreign govt while in office. Bill collected $500K for
one speech, paid for by the govt of Abu Dhabi, which went right into
their joint pocket. THAT is a clear violation of the constitution

Clear!! Now you're sounding like Trump. What national office did
Bill Clinton hold then? Hint, none at all. So much for your
violation of the constitution, let alone a clear one.

I'm sure the story about Hillary is malarkey too. If you guys will
believe one, you'll believe others.

and likely one of the things the FBI is looking into. So, why does
all that get a free pass, it's all peachy keen, while you're so
worried about whether Trump would honor his SC list? And don't tell
me the above is "conspiracy theory", it's fact. Time to start being
objective.