Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?

On Fri, 20 May 2016 03:10:44 -0600, Just Joe wrote:

On 05/20/2016 02:12 AM, westom wrote:
We don't sell these things. We installed effective protection. Direct lightning strike without damage were routine. In one venue, all wires were underground. Since single point earthing was missing, all computers in the block house (on surge protectors) were damaged. That strike to earth was a direct strike to underground wires.

What does an effective protection system like this typically cost?

The QO Surgebreaker designed for and supplied by Square D for the QO
panel is just over $100 Canadian, so likely about $50 street price in
the USA. Add the cost of a good ground.if you do not already have it.