Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Relief when Brexit is finished

On Friday, 20 May 2016 07:14:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 May 2016 07:38:57 UTC+1, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1485970 20160518 230036 Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/05/16 16:49, Broadback wrote:
I am pro Brxit, but wither way I will be pleased when it is over as
if
has become very invasive, and boring.

I had an Iranian GF once. Her family came over and asked me 'how long
before the Mullahs get thrown out of office and we get our country
back'

That was in 1986. They are still there.

What a bore it is all this brexit, when its so much easier to simply
give in and let other people walk all over us.

Ah yes. The EU against the UK again. But obviously in perfect harmony
within, as regards doing down the UK. Wonder why that should be? Every
country in the EU has more in common with any other EU country than the
UK?

In many respects they probably do, yes.

If you were talking individuals instead of countries wouldn't you say
that the UK
was an anti-social loner with no friends?

I'd say we keep our friends at a sensible distance as for our enemies
well...
we'll have to work that one out when it comes about.

Nope, you lot have been doing that for centurys now, millennia in fact.

We did for centuries and it changed during those centuries. Our relation ship with the land mass we now call Europe has changed quite a bit especailly since the end of teh ice age.
Less than one century ago Germany and Italy were our enemies what are they now ?