Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue

On 5/19/2016 10:31 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/19/2016 07:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Ambroid not good enough for you? Never tried CA on balsa. You should
have told me 40 years ago.

50 years ago or so I used Ambroid, jap tissue, and dope. If nothing else
it was good for a buzz. When I revisited R/C aircraft in the '80s it was
CA and iron-on MonoKote. I already have too many projects but if I got
into again I'd go retro although I've heard Ambroid is almost extinct.
Do you know its history?

http://www.ottertooth.com/Canoe_pages/ambroid.htm

Never knew that.

In the 70s I worked for the sister company of Sullivan Products (Pylon
Brand) so I was able to get most anything for RC free or 50% off from
distributors. Fun hobby.