Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

In article ,
wrote:
On Thursday, 19 May 2016 18:22:47 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

25% is only required when there's a single-circuit service brake.
Anything with dual-circuit is 16%.

16% is awful. I've experienced one that only just does that. I'd
truly hate to have brake failure in such a car.

But that's the point. With dual circuit brakes the handbrake is no
longer an emergency one.

obviously. And dual circuit footbrakes can still fail, I already
explained one of the reasons. Keep up.

If any part of the braking system is likely to be below par, it's the
handbrake. Good luck relying on that.

--
*Why 'that tie suits you' but 'those shoes suit you'?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.