Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?

On 05/19/2016 02:05 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2016 13:54:46 -0500, philo wrote:

Many years the utility pole directly behind my house got a direct
lightning hit. I was in the kitchen and almost lost it when I observed
the simultaneous lightning and thunder!

snip

To all:
I was in the Army with a guy who one day in casual conversation
mentioned that he had once been struck indirectly by lightning.
(We sometimes called him "old man Robbie: because he was 24 years old.)

It was not much of a story and I don't think he told it to anyone else.

Then, a few months later word spread through the barracks that Robbie
had been hit (indirectly) by lightning while he was on guard duty.

When I got the word, everyone in my unit freaked out when all I said was:

Again?

Then they learned about his previous encounter.

Any, once they replaced his eardrum he was OK