Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Source for LED backlight strips?

"Kenny" wrote in message
om...
Looking for a reliable UK supplier for these. I don't have a part number
but have the panel type number, it's in a 50" LG TV.

My experience with this was finding a TV in the flats bin room that was made
by a well known Turkish company (Vestel).

Apparently LED failure is one of a long list of stock
faults.....................................

Unfortunately I cracked the LCD panel putting it back together, but I
learned a fair bit from the excercise.

Each LED had a plastic lens extruded on, I had to melt these with a
soldering iron to peel them off. The iron wouldn't shift the SMD LEDs.

It took a modeler's pencil blowtorch to shift the dud LED chips, after that
I used a small roll of emery paper to clean off some solder resist and
attach some power LEDs I had to hand.

You can re-touch the PCB around the replaced LEDs with correction fluid.

If its a Vestel - you'll probably find a few more LEDs that tested OK have