Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?

On Thu, 19 May 2016 12:00:20 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

As a kid, I used to play the "5 second game" (flash-to-sound) during
Tstorms. One evening, the house "shook" as I saw the flash. I.e.,
too startled to even think of "counting". Of course, had I tried
to count, I wouldn't have made it past "0"! :

We get plenty of thunderstorm practice here in Florida. There is a
thunderstorm just about every day for 6-7 months of the year. We call
that thing "Flash/bang" lightning when they both occur at the same
time.
Usually when a tree is hit, you will see little sticks everywhere,
burning on both ends.