Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
The used value of a near new car depends very much on whether it has a
full service history. One which had been run for 80,000 miles without
being serviced would not command the top price. As you'd know if you'd
ever been near an auction of such vehicles.

They might, however, sell easily at a knocked down price to someone
willing to take a gamble.

If he saved £2k on servicing, and the hit to the value is only £1500,
then he saved £500 per car...

Maybe. I've not looked at the auction prices of near new high miles cars
recently, but I'd be surprised if you would recover the saving in service
costs at sale time. Although being Turnip, he probably thinks the cars ran
for 80,000 miles with only petrol costs.

Of course, that ignores the effect on the business of people being stuck
at the side of the road rather than in the meeting.

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.