Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 10:04:15 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/19/2016 06:36 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
How much time do you have to work the BS & SG mixture before it cures
too much to work?

About .032 seconds with most CA. I mostly used Hot Stuff, which is fast
anyway. There are thicker, slower CA glues but if I was doing something
that required working the joint I'd go with epoxy.

Baking soda is an accelerator so it's counter-productive if you want
something to be workable. You can sand it after the fact but you're not
going to be doing any sculpting.

So for building fillets, you would "sculpt" the BS as much as possible
and then just drizzle on the CA?