Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 12:49:29 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/18/2016 09:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
That's the type of application I was thinking of. When I used to build Soap
Box Derby cars, we'd make the air-foil fillets with epoxy and West System 405
filler. That's fine for "large" applications, but for small applications like
yours, small batches of epoxy and fillet blend would be over-kill (wasteful).

It would be a little slow too. When you're building a wing there are a
lot of rib/spar joints and you can move right along with CA.

Slow can be OK when you have to sculpt the fillet.

I'll play before I actually use this mixture, but I'm just curious:

How much time do you have to work the BS & SG mixture before it cures
too much to work?