Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 2:24:06 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Most of this video is about repairing a guitar nut, but I share it for what
is shown in the first minute or so:

The hardness of Baking Soda mixed with Super Glue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCMkvEfK_U

There are other videos showing the mixture used as a gap filler, etc. and
then filed, shaped, etc.

One video notes that the mixture gets very hot, so you'll want to avoid
getting any on your skin while it cures.

Highside Chemicals produces some amazing stuff to patch leaks and seal joints. They make a two part patch material that consists of a liquid and a powder. It sets up hard and holds high pressure. I've used their products for years and they've always done the job. Check it out. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgwS8EHG8nU

http://www.highsidechem.com/

[8~{} Uncle Leaky Monster