Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

On 18/05/16 22:24, polygonum wrote:
On 18/05/2016 22:10, Clive George wrote:

However since that's apparently rather hard, you do need to change it,
because it does absorb the water and boils at a lower temperature.

WHAT boils at a lower temperature? The water in the brake fluid + water
mixture? Or the brake fluid itself?

I still cannot see why the boiling point of the brake fluid should
reduce. Please, please explain it to me.

It matters not - if some fraction of the mix boils, the brakes fade. It
doesn't matter if the hydraulic fluid is OK, whilst the water is boiling
off.

I am genuinely happy that people are changing their brake fluid. I do
agree it is a good thing to do.