Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

jim a écrit :
Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
OK so it is overdue for an MOT. Probably done 1000 miles in the year,
barn stored.

Couple of advisories on last years.... brake pipes slightly corroded
near flex hose joint and inner side walls slightly deteriorated on rear
tyres.

Not much I can do about the tyres but wire brush off any brake pipe rust
and coat with..?

Grease?

I agree, the thickest most waterproof grease you can lay your hands on.

Check it is ONLY surface rust, clean it off, paint it with oil, then
grease. This is as advised by my MOT inspector and it said it is no
reason for an inspector to be suspcious - they can feel the condition
easily through the grease.

Underseal will only seal in the moisure and rust - the rusting will
continue under the underseal, besides it is a reason for the MOT guy to
be suspcious.